Creating shared meaning with the receiver of a message is what organizational communication is all about. Choose and respond to ONE of the following statements below. Explain whether you agree or disagree. Describe how a different perspective from someone could cause issues and what could be done to create shared meaning. Support your answer with real or hypothetical examples and support material from a credible source, such as the course textbook.
- Oral skills are more important than written communication skills for most jobs.
- People who are the most intelligent make the best grades and are the most successful.
- The successful organizational member must be competitive and persuasive.
- The successful organizational member is more analytical than others and believes technical skills are more important than communication abilities.
- It does not matter how I use nonverbal communication techniques, for everyone knows that what I say is more important than how I say it.
You are required to use at least your textbook as source material for your response. Feel free to use another credible source to support your ideas. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced in APA style; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations in APA style.
Your response should be at least 200 words in length.