As a practitioner, you must be able to create and communicate a compelling awareness
As a practitioner, you must be able to create and communicate a compelling awareness of a need for effective knowledge management in an organization. For this assignment, you will create a research-based communication strategy for an upcoming knowledge management initiative.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
Note -This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.Use APA style in this assignments.
Write a paper of 1,000-1,240 words that presents a research-based communication strategy to facilitate buy-in and create awareness in the company about the impending knowledge management initiative. Include the following in your paper:
-Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â A brief description of the strategy.
-Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â A research-based rationale for the strategy.
-Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â A discussion of how to overcome the potential barriers to the strategy.
-Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â A plan for measuring the short-term success of the strategy.
Answer each in about 230-280words
- Knowledge management is a widely recognized discipline in the business environment. However, there are still risks associated with this relatively new field. What are the greatest risks associated with knowledge management in the modern business environment? Why are these significant?
- Which centralized distributed architectural structure knowledge management systems best support innovation and competitive advantage? Why?
- Human capital and knowledge management systems create a framework supporting organizational learning, innovation, and competitive advantage. Knowledge is as a strategic asset that should be both leveraged to achieve optimum organizational performance and protected from risk of economic loss or compromise. Explain how knowledge can best be transferred within the organization and how best to prevent transfer of knowledge outside the organization. Why are these strategies effective?
- There is a saying that suggests that business operates at the speed of change. How can organizations best assure knowledge reuse to successfully manage change and support organizational performance? Why?
- The merging of e-learning and knowledge management seems a logical progression. How might this merging affect organizational knowledge development and innovation?
- Mergers and acquisitions are a common business strategy employed to achieve organizational goals through diversification, increasing market share, accessing new technology, acquiring intellectual capital, and leveraging knowledge. What is the best strategy for ensuring the transfer and retention of knowledge during a merger or acquisition? Why?