Assess Corporate Social Responsibility
Entine and Jennings (Case 3.3, p. 104) note that there are eight questions that should be answered about a company to determine the character of its soul:
- Does the company comply with the law?
- Does the company have a sense of propriety?
- How honestly do product claims match with reality?
- How forthcoming is the company with information?
- How does the company treat its employees?
- How does the company handle third-party ethics issues?
- How charitable is the company?
- How does the company react when faced with negative disclosures?
Develop a blog aimed at assessing corporate social responsibility. Be sure to address the following:
- Contrast the Entine and Jenningsâ€™ views with those of Friedman and Freeman, found within your text.
- What is the difference between Entine and Jenningsâ€™ eight questions and traditional measures of social responsibility?
- Would the model mean that Fannie Mae could be labeled an â€œhonestâ€ company? Why or why not?
Support your blog with at least three (3) scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources may be included.
Length of blog: 3 entries (approximately 350 words per entry)