August 21st, 2015
To implement a flow process in developing a lean system, a firm might do which of the following?
- Which of the following operations consulting tools are used in the cost impact and payoff analysis stage in the operations consulting process?
- Which of the following terms refers to a special type of flowcharting tool that is valuable for the development of lean processes?
- In contrast to TQM, what approach seeks radical change through innovation?
- The basic notion of economies of scale assumes which of the following?
- Which of the following production process terms best describes a stage in a multiple-stage process that limits the capacity of the overall process?
- Which of the following is one of the major types of stakeholders impacted by most consulting projects?
- Which of the following are possible examples of cycle times?
- Which of the following production process terms best describes the situation when activities in a stage of production must stop because there is no work?
- Which of the following is a factor that causes a diseconomy of scale?
- An advantage of a make-to-stock process is which of the following?
- Which of the following is a key metric associated with value stream mapping?
- According to Littleâ€™s law, which of the following can be used to estimate inventory?
- Which of the following is a situation that likely will yield economies of scale?
- What is the term that refers to â€œthe fundamental rethinking and radical redesign of business processes to achieve dramatic improvements in critical, contemporary measures of performance, such as cost, quality, service, and speedâ€ (as cited in Jacobs & Chase, 2011, p. 461)
- Which of the following is a principle of reengineering?
- If the run time for a batch of parts is 25 minutes on a machine, and the setup time is 75 minutes, which of the following is the operation time?
- In setting up a kanban control system, you need to determine the number of kanban card sets needed. If the average number of units demanded is 1,000 per hour, the lead time to replenish the order for this item is 10 hours, the container size is 5 units, and the safety stock is estimated to be 5% of the expected demand, what is the number of kanban card sets needed?
- In the pull system, which of the following is the partner that begins the process of pulling?
- Lean production seeks to achieve high volume production using which of the following?
- Which of the following operations consulting tools provide summary performance updates for specific processes and are generally presented in graphical form with color-coding of trend lines and alarms?