The Progressive Movement
Prepare:Â Read Chapter 5 of the textbook,Â Chapter NineÂ ofÂ The Jungle, and watchÂ The Progressive Era.
Reflect:Â As you learn about the Progressive Era, consider the areas of American society and economy in need of reform during the first two decades of the 20th century. Think about the issues on which the Progressive Movement focused, and consider where Progressives were able to make reforms and where they were not.
Write:Â After readingÂ Chapter NineÂ ofÂ The JungleÂ and watchingÂ The Progressive Era, use these sources and the textbook to address the following questions:
- What do you see as the most serious problem of the first decade of the 1900s?
- Why was this problem more serious than the other problems?
- How did Americans attempt to solve the problem?
- In what ways were they effective?
- In what ways did aspects of the problem still remain?
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and properly cite any references. You may use additional scholarly sources to support your points if you choose. Your references and citations must be formatted according to APA style as outlined by the Ashford Writing Center.